Preparing To Re-Open - The Latest From Partners Broughty Ferry
We’re sure that, as we do, you have around the middle of July already marked in your diaries for us to hopefully re-open and see you all again!
Although guidelines may still change, we want you to be assured that we have already started putting plans in place to ensure that both you and our staff will be safe on our return. The following measures will be put into practice temporarily in accordance with current recommendations to help stop the spread of Covid-19...
Health & Safety Protocols
- Please arrive on time for your appointment as we need to make sure we run on time and not have too many in the salon at the same time.
- By appointment only. No walk-ins will be allowed.
- Please attend your appointment alone. Unfortunately, we don’t have enough space to accommodate children, or others waiting with you, if you can’t come alone please let us know so we can accommodate as best as we can.
- We ask you to please wait outside to be greeted by your Stylist or the Receptionist as the waiting area will be out of action. This will be to avoid a build-up of people inside the salon.
- Upon entry, you will be given hand sanitiser. You will also be asked to hang your own coat in a disposable bag, if you cannot bring your own carrier to store any coats or jackets during your appointment we can provide one.
- For the time being, we will be using disposable gowns and towels.
- Magazines will no longer be provided, but we are happy for you to bring your own reading material.
- We might serve drinks in disposable cups, just waiting on updates, Or if you’d prefer, bring your own refreshments.
During Your Appointment
- There will be a ratio of 1:1 Stylist to Client, although Skye or Serena may have to help remove your Colour. This again will avoid too many people in the salon at any one time. On days where there are fewer stylists working, there may be more than one client per stylist, always adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- We will allow extra time between appointments for thorough cleaning and disinfecting of sections, chairs and tools, and where necessary appointment times will be staggered to ensure safe distancing between clients at all times.
- Fear not! To make up for the extra time between appointments, we will be opening earlier and closing later so that we can still fulfill as many appointments as possible.
- As well as keeping nails short and not allowing rings or watches to be worn, all our staff will be wearing the appropriate PPE. This will include masks, gloves and disposable aprons. Gloves are allowed to be removed for cutting to ensure our best work! Staff temperatures will also be taken every morning and if necessary your temperature might have to be taken also.
- We will ask you to wear a mask during your appointment. We would be grateful if you could bring your own, however, if that is not possible we will have extra supplies in the salon.
- Unless advised not to, we plan to continue offering a blowdry as we do finish lots of our haircuts once your hair has been dried.
- Door handles, toilets and regular points of contact will be cleaned and disinfected regularly. As well as this a Humedics air purifier will be running in the salon at all times.
- We have invested in a Fog Machine to Sanitise the whole salon twice a day, once again making sure we have an extremely clean and safe place to have your hair done.
- We now have a perspex screen at the reception desk and our card machine will be cleaned between each use. We will still be accepting cash if this is how you would like to pay.
Important Changes - Please Read
- We have temporarily stopped taking online bookings so please call the salon to make your appointments once we have a date for opening.
- We hope you understand the increased costs involved in re-opening the Salon with all the new measures we have to take, however, we will not be adding a 'covid' charge to your bill.
- We will, however, insist on all guests paying 50% non-refundable booking fee as we will be running the salon with 40/50% less capacity and we cannot afford for anyone not to turn up or cancel their appointment at the last minute, we would not be in business within the coming months if this happened. We hope you understand!
Changes To Hair Colour Appointments
- All Colour clients will need to have a consultation done prior to any appointments being made to make sure we give enough time for your appointment especially if you haven’t had your hair coloured for 3 months plus, again more time and product will be needed and therefore there might be a small extra charge for Colour etc, once again I hope you appreciate we have no other choice in the matter in order to stay in business after closing for 4 months plus.
- If according to your Colour file you are out with your 6-month patch test, you will need to visit the salon to have this done the week before your appointment. More info to follow as we plan to open the Salon prior to re-opening to take care of this for you. This will also be done by appointment only.
Finally and most importantly, if you’re showing any COVID symptoms, please call to reschedule your appointment. To keep everyone safe, if your Stylist feels that you are unwell, your appointment might have to be rescheduled. Although these measures may seem extreme, they are the only way we can be sure that we are doing everything we can to keep us all safe and the Salon COVID free. We hope that you support our decisions and we really can’t wait to see you all soon!
** We would just like to clarify that these guidelines will go into place once we open around the middle of July, FINGERS CROSSED. We are not currently in the Salon which means we cannot rebook anyone's appointments just yet, but please be assured we will let you know as soon as we can! **
Thinking of you all, be safe and well.
Pauline, Laurie & Team Partners